1. Names of parts (see fold-out page) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Door handle Door Display window Menu keys Control knob Steam vent Casing Warning “Hot surfaces” Drip tray Water valve Water tank Tray removal handle
SDBO 1850 A1
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Baking tray Steam tray Oven rack Grill rack Display for time, temperature or weight Display “Water tank empty” Function displays Automatic programme displays “FUNCTION” button “TEMP” temperature button “CANCEL/STOP” button “TIME” button
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 4 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
2. Description 2.1 Intended purpose
2.2 Scope of supply
This SilverCrest SDBO 1850 A1 steam oven works using a combination of hot air and steam. It can be used to stew, steam, blanch, roast or bake fresh food. The supply of steam keeps warmed-up food looking fresh, as if it had just been cooked from scratch! The oven is also suitable for the defrosting of frozen, low-protein foods or for the preparation of food from the freezer. This appliance should only be used in dry rooms. It must not be used out in the open or in humid rooms. This appliance is intended for private use and is not suitable for commercial purposes.
• • • • • • • •
1 steam oven 1 grill rack 1 oven rack 1 baking tray 1 steam tray 1 tray removal handle 1 set of spacers 1 copy of the Operating Instructions
2.3 Symbols on the appliance The adjacent symbol 8 warns against touching hot surfaces.
3. Safety Information 3.1 Terms used
3.2 General information
The following signalling terms are found in these Operating Instructions: Warning! High risk. Disregarding the warning may cause injury to life and limb. Caution! Medium risk. Disregarding the warning may cause damage to property. Note: Low risk. Circumstances that should be taken into account when dealing with this appliance.
• Before using the appliance, be sure to read these Operating Instructions carefully. They are a component part of the appliance and must be available at all times. • Use the appliance only for the purpose described (see “2.1 Intended purpose” on page 4). • Check whether the mains voltage (see type plate on the appliance) agrees with your mains voltage. • This device is not intended to be used by individuals (including children) with limited physical, sensory or mental capabilities or with a lack of experience and/or lack of knowledge, unless supervised by a person responsible for
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 5 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
their safety or they have received instructions from such a person as to how to use the device. Children should always be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the device. • If there should be any malfunctions, the appliance may only be repaired by our Service Centre. • The appliance must only be set up on a ﬁrm, level, dry and non-ﬂammable surface. • Check that the power socket is easily accessible so that you can pull out the mains plug quickly if necessary.
3.3 Protection against electric shock
Warning! The following safety information is intended to protect you against electric shock. Only plug the appliance into a correctly installed, earthed wall socket. Do not use the appliance if it has fallen on the ﬂoor, received a hard blow or fallen into water. In this case, please contact our Service Centre. You will ﬁnd the service address in “13. Warranty” on page 25. The appliance must not under any circumstances be used if it is damaged. Have the device repaired in such cases by a qualiﬁed specialist. You will ﬁnd the service address in “13. Warranty” on page 25. If the mains cable for this appliance is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer or a person with similar qualiﬁcations in order to avoid a hazard. Water or other liquids must never be allowed to enter the casing 7. For this reason: – never use it outdoors
SDBO 1850 A1
– never place containers ﬁlled with liquid, such as drinking glasses, vases etc. on the appliance – never use in a very damp environment such as a bathroom. If liquid should enter the casing 7, unplug the mains plug immediately and have the appliance repaired by a qualiﬁed technician. Further information can be found in “13. Warranty” on page 25. • Never touch the appliance, the mains cord or the mains plug with moist hands. • Always pull the mains cord out by the plug. Never pull it by the cord itself. • Ensure that the mains cable is not kinked, twisted or crushed. • Ensure that the mains cable is not damaged on sharp edges. • Keep the mains cord away from hot surfaces (such as stove eyes). • If you are not using the appliance for a prolonged period of time, remove the plug from the wall socket. Only then is the appliance completely free of current. • You should avoid using extension cords. This is only allowed under very particular conditions: – The extension cord has to be suited for the appliance's amperage. – The extension cord must not be installed "loose": it must not be possible to trip over it or within the reach of children. – The extension cord must not by any means be damaged. – No other devices other than this appliance must be connected to the mains socket, as otherwise overloading of the power supply network could occur (multiple sockets are not allowed!).
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 6 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
• The appliance must not be operated with an external time switch or separate remote control system, such as a wireless remote control socket. • Clean the appliance regularly in order to avoid any build-up of grease which could catch ﬁre.
3.4 Protection against the danger of ﬁre
Warning! As the appliance works at high temperatures, please observe the following safety information to prevent ﬁre. While the appliance is operating, there must be no ﬂammable objects (e.g. curtains, paper) in the immediate vicinity of the appliance. Never use the appliance to dry textiles or other items on, over or in front of the appliance. To avoid overheating, the appliance must never be covered. When setting up the appliance, maintain a minimum distance of 5 cm from other appliances and the wall. Never operate the appliance in rooms where there is a risk of explosion or in the vicinity of ﬂammable gases or liquids. The appliance must never be placed immediately beneath a wall socket, as the heat it generates could damage the electrical installation. Never leave the appliance running when it is unattended. The presence of odour is almost always an indication of damage. If you notice any such odour, unplug the mains plug immediately and have the appliance inspected. You will ﬁnd the service address in “13. Warranty” on page 25.
3.5 Protection against injury Warning! To avoid injury, please observe the following information. • Ensure that it is not possible for anyone to trip over or to get caught up in or step on the mainscable. • The surface of the oven can become very hot during operation. It is thus advisable to use oven gloves or some sort of protection to avoid any risk of burning when operating the appliance. • To remove the hot tray or rack without risk of burns, please use the tray removal handle 12. • Once hot, if you wish to transport the appliance, switch it off, pull out the mains plug, and wait until the appliance has cooled down. Otherwise you could burn yourself on the hot surface. • Hot steam can escape from the steam vent 6. Be careful not to scald yourself. • If the door 2 is opened during operation of the appliance or immediately afterwards, a rush of hot steam may escape. Be careful not to scald yourself. • Do not use any sealed air-tight containers with this appliance. The resulting pressure may lead them to explode.
3.6 For the safety of your child Warning! Children often cannot assess dangers correctly and are injured as a result. Please therefore observe the following: • This product may only be used under adult supervision to ensure that children do not play with the appliance. • Always take care to ensure the appliance is kept out of the reach of children at all times.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 7 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
• Ensure that the packing ﬁlm does not become a deadly trap for a child. Packing ﬁlm is not a toy.
3.7 Protection against material damage Caution! To avoid any material damage, please observe the following requirements. • Ensure that the hot steam can escape from the steam vent 6 freely and that there are no objects or furniture in the way that are at risk of being damaged.
• When you are not using the appliance, do not store any other items in the appliance other than those accessories which have been delivered with it. • Only use the accessories provided or any accessories which are recommended in these Operating Instructions. Using accessories from another manufacturer or accessories which have not been recommended may result in damage to the appliance.
4. Unpacking and setting up Note: As the appliance and heating elements are supplied with a thin ﬁlm of grease, there might be a small amount of smoke and odour the ﬁrst time the appliance is used. This is not harmful and will stop after a short while. Please ensure in the meantime that there is sufﬁcient ventilation. 1. Unpack the packaging.
5. Screw the spacers provided to the rear of the appliance.
2. Remove the transport packaging. 3. Remove the accessories and packaging material from inside the appliance. 4. Check that the appliance shows no signs of damage.
6. Clean the appliance and the accessories (see “9. Cleaning” on page 23). 7. Select a place to put the appliance, – somewhere which complies with the safety instructions (see “3. Safety Information” on page 4); – a place that is sturdy, level and ﬁreproof, and is approx. 5 cm away from other objects; – where the steam can freely escape from the steam vent 6; – where the door 2 can be fully opened.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 8 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
8. Pull the water tank 11 forwards and out.
11. Press the “FUNCTION” key 21:
9. Fill the water tank 11 with clean drinking water. Note: The water level in the water tank 11 should always lie between the “MIN” and “MAX” marks on the side. Push the water tank 11 back into the appliance. 10. Insert the mains plug into a suitable mains socket, one that complies with the technical data. In the display 3, the available functions will appear. 12. Turn the control knob 5 until the 19 “SUPERSTEAM” display ﬂashes. 13. Press the control knob 5. 14. Wait until the 30 minutes shown on the timer are up. 15. Unplug the mains plug and allow the appliance to cool down. 16. Clean the appliance again. Observe here the information in the section entitled “9. Cleaning” on page 23.
5. Operating Note: When using the steaming function of the oven, steam will constantly escape through the steam vent 6. Make sure that this steam can escape freely.
2. Pull the water tank 11 forwards and out of the appliance 7. 3. Fill the water tank 11 with clean drinking water.
5.1 Preparing the appliance
1. Insert the mains plug into a wall socket that complies with the technical data (see “12. Technical data” on page 25).
– The water level must be above the “MIN” mark on the side of the tank. – Do not overﬁll the water tank 11. Do not exceed the maximum ﬁlling level (“MAX” on side). This corresponds to 1.2 l water, which is enough for
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 9 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
approximately 70 minutes of operation. – Even when you are not using the steam function, the tank must be ﬁlled with water. Insufﬁcient water: As soon as the water runs out and the water tank 11 is almost empty, the “Water tank empty” display 18 will ﬂash and the appliance will interrupt the cooking process. In this case, reﬁll the water tank with water.
5.2 Setting the time The clock can be set when the appliance is in stand-by mode. In stand-by mode, the display ﬁeld 3 will only show the time set. 1. Press and hold the 24 “TIME” button for several seconds. The ﬁrst digit on the display 17 will ﬂash.
5.3 Selecting accessories Select the accessory suitable for the food which is to be cooked (see “6. Recommended settings” on page 13). Baking tray 13:
Baking tray 13
Oven rack 15
• If you are using the baking tray 13 for baking, do not place it on the base of the appliance. Place the baking tray 13 on the oven rack 15 so that the food is heated from both above and below. • In order to avoid excessive staining of the appliance, always use the baking tray 13 as a drip tray if it is not being used for cooking. Steam tray 14:
2. Turn the control knob 5 until the display 17 shows the right time in hours. 3. Conﬁrm this by pressing 24 “TIME”. The last two digits on the display 17 will then ﬂash. 4. Turn the control knob 5 until the display 17 shows the right time in minutes. 5. Conﬁrm this by pressing 24 “TIME”.
Baking tray 13
Steam tray 14
• If you are using the steam tray 14, always place it on the baking tray 13.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 10 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
Grill rack 16:
Oven rack 15:
Baking tray 13
Oven rack 15
Baking tray 13 Baking tray 13
Oven rack 15
Steam tray 14 • Food can be placed on the oven rack 15 in an oven-proof dish. The oven rack 15 ﬁts into both the baking tray 13 and the steam tray 14. • If you are not using the oven rack 15, you can use it as a stand on which to place the hot baking tray 13 or steam tray 14 after removing them from the appliance.
Grill rack 16
• It is possible to slide the grill rack 16 into position in the oven. You can then use the baking tray 13 as a drip tray.
5.4 Selecting functions Note: In “6. Recommended settings” on page 13, you will ﬁnd setting recommendations for the various foods. 1. Press the “FUNCTION” button 21:
In the display 3, the available functions will appear. 2. Turn the control knob 5 until the required function ﬂashes:
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 11 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
Normal Steam: The “Normal Steam” setting is used for steaming chicken, dumplings, vegetables, pre-cooked rice and noodles: • The basic setting for “Normal Steam” is 100 °C cooking temperature and 30 min cooking time. • The cooking temperature for “Normal Steam” can be set between 100 °C to 140 °C. Super Steam: The “Super Steam“ setting is used for the steaming of ﬁsh, prawns, shrimp, mussels, pork goulash, vegetables, sweet corn, etc.: • The basic setting for “Super Steam“ is 250 °C cooking temperature and 30 min cooking time. • The cooking temperature for “Super Steam“ can be set between 200 °C to 250 °C. Convection: The steam oven uses hot air for this function. You can thus use the oven to cook pizzas, chicken, potatoes, eggs, steaks, ﬁsh, etc.: • The basic setting for convection is 250 °C cooking temperature and 30 min cooking time. • The cooking temperature for convection can be set between 100 °C to 250 °C. Defrost: This function gently defrosts low-protein frozen food such as bread, bread rolls, vegetables and fruit. Notes: – Fish and meat should be slowly defrosted in the refrigerator beforehand as defrosting at high
SDBO 1850 A1
temperatures can lead to the coagulation of protein. – Fruit will quickly go soft and mushy if it is defrosted too quickly. If you are defrosting whole fruit, it should be allowed to thaw out slowly in the refrigerator. With this programme, it is possible to defrost fruit which is to be further processed, e.g. for marmalades, smoothies or purees. • The basic setting for defrosting is 120 °C cooking temperature and 30 min cooking time. • The temperature for defrosting can be set between 70 °C to 150 °C. Keep Warm: This function can be used to warm up food or keep ready-made meals warm. • The basic setting for keeping food warm is 70 °C cooking temperature and 30 min cooking time. 3. In order to set the cooking time, press the 24 “TIME” button. 4. Turn the control knob 5 until the display 17 shows the required cooking time. The cooking time has now been set. The appliance switches off automatically once the cooking time has expired. Note: If steps 3. and 4. are skipped, the cooking time will be set to 30 minutes. 5. In order to set the cooking temperature, press the 22 “TEMP” button. 6. Turn the control knob 5 until the display 17 shows the required temperature. Note: If steps 5. and 6. are skipped, the cooking temperature will be set to the basic setting.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 12 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
7. In order to activate the function selected, press the control knob 5.
5.5 Emptying the drip tray 9 Some of the steam used condenses and collects in the drip tray 9. To prevent the drip tray 9 from overﬂowing, it should be emptied after every use: 1. Pull the drip tray 9 forwards and out. Note: The drip tray 9 is located under the door 2. The drip tray 9 can be removed simply by gripping it at the sides.
5.7 Selecting an automatic programme Note: In “7. Table of Automatic Programmes” on page 17, you will ﬁnd suggestions for using the automatic programme settings. The steam oven has 9 automatic programme settings which can be selected for the preparation of various meals. 1. Choose from one of the available automatic programmes by pressing “FUNCTION” 21.
2. Empty the drip tray 9. 3. Push the drip tray 9 back into position in the oven.
5.6 Discontinuing a function and switching off 20
Note: If the cooking programme is interrupted or the door 2 is opened, the cooking time may take slightly longer. 1. The running function will be interrupted if: – the “CANCEL/STOP” button 23 is pressed; – the door 2 is opened; – the water tank 11 is pulled out; – the water tank 11 is empty and the “Water tank empty” display 18 is ﬂashing.
In the display 3, the available functions and automatic programmes will appear. 2. Press the control knob 5 until the display 20 for the required automatic programme ﬂashes. 3. Press the control knob 5.
The symbol for the selected function and the remaining cooking time will ﬂash. 2. In order to continue with the function selected, press the control knob 5. 3. In order to bring the cooking function to a complete stop, do not press the control knob 5 but press “CANCEL/STOP” 23 a second time.
In the display 17, the weight, size or quantity will appear. 4. Turn the control knob 5 in order to change the weight, size or quantity. 5. In order to activate the function selected, press the control knob 5.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 13 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
The blocked symbol will appear in the display17.
5.8 Removing food Always use the tray removal handle 12 when removing the trays or racks from the oven to avoid any burn injuries.
5.9 Child safety The appliance has a child lock. When this is activated, all functions are blocked and cannot be operated should a small child press any of the buttons. 1. In order to activate the child lock, hold down the “CANCEL/STOP” button 23 for several seconds.
2. In order to deactivate the child lock, hold down the “CANCEL/STOP” button 23 again for several seconds. The time will once again appear in the display 17.
5.10 Illuminating the display ﬁeld 3 The display 3 will fade out during operation after a few minutes. As soon as any of the buttons are activated, it will automatically light up again.
6. Recommended settings The values given for the cooking time and temperature are standard values. These may vary depending on the type of food to be cooked. It also depends on whether, for example, you prefer vegetables with a bit of a bite or slightly softer.
Note: If the cooking programme is interrupted or the door 2 is opened, the cooking time may take slightly longer. If the food is not fully cooked when the cooking time expires, select the same programme again but this time set the cooking time to just a few minutes.
6.1 Vegetables For 4 people, you will need approx. 750 1000 g of raw produce or 650 - 800 g of frozen goods. Food Cauliﬂower Beans Broccoli
Function Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam
Normal Steam 25 - 30
SDBO 1850 A1
Use the steam tray 14 when preparing vegetables.
Time in minutes 20 - 30 35 - 40 35 - 45
Temperature Speciﬁcs 100 °C in ﬂorets 100 °C 100 °C in ﬂorets. It is a good idea to remove the stalks as these always remain harder than the ﬂorets. 100 °C halved
Function Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam
Time in minutes 20 - 30 15 - 25 10 - 15 25 - 30 30 - 45
Temperature 100 °C 100 °C 100 °C 100 °C 100 °C
Asparagus Spinach Celery stalks Courgette Mange tout
Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam Normal Steam
20 - 35 7 - 10 25 - 30 10 - 15 10 - 15
100 °C 100 °C 100 °C 100 °C 100 °C
Speciﬁcs in slices in strips in strips diced (approx. 3 cm), lightly salted. The cooking time given applies for approx. 300 g. For larger amounts, cook for a longer period. only fresh spinach in slices
6.2 Processed foodstuffs For 4 people, you will need 250 g of processed food plus 500 ml of liquid. Water or milk can be used here. Round-grain rice will take longer to cook than long-grain rice. Food Rice + liquid Semolina + liquid
Add some salt or sugar here after cooking. For semolina, you will need 1 l milk and 250 g semolina - Stir with an egg whisk after cooking and leave to swell.
Function Time in minutes Temperature Speciﬁcs Normal Steam 25 - 30 100 °C Use an oven-proof dish Normal Steam 10 - 20 100 °C Use an oven-proof dish
6.3 Dumplings For 4 people, you will need a yeast dough made with 500 g ﬂour for yeast dumplings. For bread dumplings, you will need bread dough from 6 - 8 old bread rolls. Food Yeast dumplings (Dampfnudeln) Yeast dumplings (Hefeklöße) Bread dumplings Potato dumplings
For potato dumplings, you will need a potato dough made from 1000 g potatoes.
Function Time in minutes Temperature Speciﬁcs Normal Steam 15 - 20 100 °C Use the steam tray 14 Normal Steam 15 - 20
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 17 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
7. Table of Automatic Programmes Note: This table describes the preparation of individual products. It is possible, however, to prepare entire menus using the Automatic programme Portion Steamed ﬁsh 400 g 600 g Grilled ﬁsh 400 g 600 g Roast chicken 700 g 1000 g
1400 g Meat
150 g 250 g 500 g S (thin)
Butter (Melting butter)
50 g 150 g 250 g
Cake (cakes and biscuits)
200 g 400 g 600 g
600 g 900 g 1200 g 250 g
SDBO 1850 A1
automatic programmes (see “8. Recipes for the automatic programmes” on page 18).
Recommendation Use fresh or defrosted ﬁsh ﬁlets and lay ﬂat on steam tray 14. Use fresh or defrosted ﬁsh ﬁlets and lay ﬂat on greased baking tray 13. Use fresh or defrosted chicken breast ﬁlets and lay ﬂat on greased baking tray 13. Place chicken breast ﬁlet, chicken wing or chicken leg, fresh or defrosted, beside each other on a greased baking tray 13. Place the defrosted chicken on the greased baking tray 13. Only use fresh or defrosted minute steaks, seasoned and placed on a greased tray. Thin Italian pizza. Turn the pizza 180° after half the cooking time has passed to ensure the pizza is evenly cooked. Thick American pizza. Turn the pizza 180° after half the cooking time has passed to ensure the pizza is evenly cooked. Slice up room-temperature butter into smaller pieces and place in an oven-proof dish. Leave it to stand when the programme comes to an end to beneﬁt from the remaining heat. Yeast dough and cake batter - for ﬂat pastries. The amount given is for ready-made pastry. As there is more heat generated at the back of the oven, it may be a good idea to use a tray for the second half of the cooking time to ensure the cakes/biscuits are evenly baked. Peel and cut up the potatoes, placing them on a greased baking tray 13. Place 250 g vegetables and chicken breast and 500 ml water in an oven-proof dish. Place 500 g vegetables and chicken breast and 800 ml water in an oven-proof dish.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 18 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
8. Recipes for the automatic programmes Note:The values given for the cooking time and temperature are standard values. These may vary depending on the type of food to be cooked. It also depends on whether, for example, you prefer vegetables with a bit of a bite or slightly softer.
8.1 STEAMED FISH - Filet of pollock on a bed of mixed vegetables with herb rice Ingredients for 2 people: • 500 g frozen vegetables, e.g. mixed vegetables • 500 g ﬁlet of pollock, fresh or defrosted • 1 carton of herb crème fraîche • Salt, pepper, lemon • 150 g Basmati rice with 300 ml water and salt • 20 g melted butter • 1 tablespoon of chopped herbs Preparation: 1. Evenly distribute vegetables on baking tray 13. 2. Place the ﬁlet of ﬁsh on top of the vegetables after sprinkling it with lemon juice and seasoning with salt and pepper. 3. Place the oven rack 15 on top of the baking tray 13 and place them both on the bottom of the steam oven. 4. Add the rice, together with water and salt, to an oven-proof dish. 5. Place the dish with the rice on the oven rack 15. 6. Close the door 2. 7. Select the STEAMED FISH automatic programme with 600 g (see
“5.7 Selecting an programme” on page 12).
8. Place 20 g butter in an oven-proof dish and put it in the oven for the last 4 minutes of cooking for melting. 9. When the cooking time has expired, remove the rice and fold in the melted butter and herbs. 10. Spoon the rice mixture onto the plates for serving and spread the herb crème fraîche onto the ﬁsh ﬁlet.
8.2 GRILLED FISH - Filet of plaice with spinach Ingredients for 2 people: • 4 plaice ﬁlets, fresh or defrosted • 400 g leafy spinach, frozen • 1 tablespoon of crème fraîche • 400 g sliced potatoes - pre-cooked for 30 minutes with the Normal Steam function • salt, pepper, lemon, • some oil • grated Parmesan cheese Preparation: 1. 4 plaice ﬁlets sprinkled with lemon juice, seasoned with salt and pepper. 2. Place on the baking tray 13 which has been sprinkled with oil. 3. Place the oven rack 15 on top of the baking tray 13 and place them both on the bottom of the steam oven. 4. Season the pre-cooked potatoes with salt and place in an oven-proof dish, together with knobs of butter, on the grill rack 16.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 19 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
5. Add 400 g frozen spinach leaves to an oven-proof dish and place on the grill rack 16 also.
3. Cut the courgette, mushrooms, pepper and tomatoes into thin slices and place on the other half of the baking tray 13.
6. Select the GRILLED FISH automatic programme with 600 g (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12).
4. Add salt and pepper to the potatoes and other ingredients and season to taste.
7. Season the spinach leaves with salt after cooking and add some crème fraîche to taste, place on a serving plate together with the potatoes and ﬁsh and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan (for the spinach).
6. Select the ROAST CHICKEN automatic programme with 1400 g (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12).
• Variation: Instead of spinach, you can also fry small pieces of smoked ham, sprinkle over the plaice ﬁlets and then serve with salad. Variation: Salmon steaks • Instead of the plaice, you can also use 2 salmon steaks. • Serve with salad.
5. Season the chicken breasts and place them on top of the other ingredients.
7. Sprinkle the Emmentaler cheese over the chicken breasts and the potatoes 10 minutes before the cooking time expires. Variation: Instead of Emmentaler, you can also use Mozzarella cut into small pieces.
8.4 MEAT - Meatballs with potatovegetable mix Ingredients for 2 people:
8.3 ROAST CHICKEN - Chicken breast with vegetables and potatoes Ingredients for 2 people: • 2 medium-sized chicken breasts • 400 g hard-boiled potatoes • 6 thin slices of courgette • 3 large, fresh mushrooms • 2 tomatoes cut into slices • 1 red pepper • 100 g Emmentaler cheese, grated • Salt, pepper, seasoning Preparation: 1. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. 2. Place the potato slices on half the baking tray 13.
SDBO 1850 A1
For the potato-vegetable mix: • 400 g of pre-cooked potatoes • 4 shallots • 1 yellow and 1 red pepper • 6 small tomatoes • Just under 2 tablespoons of olive oil • Salt, Pepper • 2 tablespoons of ﬁnely chopped basil (optional) For the meatballs: • 250 g minced meat • 1 onion, ﬁnely chopped • 1 raw egg • 1 old bread roll, soaked and cut up small • Salt, pepper, mustard (according to taste)
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 20 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
Preparation: 1. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. 2. Spread the potato slices on the baking tray 13 for pre-cooking. 3. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven and place the baking tray 13 on top of this. 4. Pre-cook for 30 minutes using the Normal Steam function at 100 °C (see “5.4 Selecting functions” on page 10).
8.5 PIZZA Ingredients for 2 people: For the pizza base: • 250 g plain ﬂour • 1 packet of raising agent • Approx. 150 ml lukewarm water • 1 tablespoon of oil • 1 teaspoon of salt
7. Mix the meatball ingredients together and form 6 meatballs.
For the topping: • Peeled tinned tomatoes • 150 g Mozzarella or another grated cheese • Ham or salami as preferred • Salt, pepper, oregano (according to taste)
As soon as the potatoes are ready:
8. Remove the baking tray 13 and then the oven rack 15 from the oven using the tray removal handle 12.
1. Make the pizza ingredients.
9. Spread the spring onions, diced peppers and tomatoes over the potato slices.
3. When ready, roll out pizza base on baking tray 13.
10. Sprinkle with a little oil.
4. Add toppings.
11. Place the oven rack 15 on the baking tray 13.
5. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven and place the baking tray 13 on top of this.
12. Place the oven rack 15 and the baking tray 13 back in the oven.
6. Select the PIZZA automatic programme with “L” (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12).
In the meantime: 5. Peel and halve the shallots; halve, pit and cut the peppers into large pieces. 6. Halve or quarter the tomatoes.
13. Place the meatballs on the steam tray 14 and place this tray on the oven rack 15. 14. Select the MEAT automatic programme with 500 g (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12).
2. Let the pizza base sit.
Variation: You can also use a ready-made frozen pizza Notes: – Cook thin, Italian pizzas at level “S”; – Cook thick, American pizzas at level “L”;
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 21 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
– Turn the pizza 180° after half the cooking time has passed to ensure the pizza is evenly cooked. – Cook the frozen pizza according to the instructions given on the package using the “CONVECTION” function (see “5.4 Selecting functions” on page 10). Should the manufacturer specify that the oven must be preheated, add an extra 5 minutes to the cooking time. Then place the pizza in the oven after 5 minutes.
8.6 CAKES - Berry Cake Ingredients for 1 cake: • 250 g white ﬂour • 1/2 sachet baking powder • 60 g crushed almonds • 140 g sugar • 125 g soft butter • 200 g natural yoghurt • 1 egg • 250 g berries (blackcurrants, blueberries, gooseberries - fresh or frozen) Preparation: 1. Add all ingredients, apart from the berries, to a mixing bowl and stir together quickly.
Variation: Make a dough using 250 g ﬂour, garnish with plums and a sprinkling of crumbs.
8.7 POTATOES - Potatoes with Alpine cheese Ingredients for 2-3 people: • 1 kg hard-boiled potatoes • 200 ml cream • 100 g grated Alpine cheese • Salt, pepper Preparation: 1. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. 2. Evenly distribute the potato slices on the baking tray 13. 3. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven and place the baking tray 13 on top of this. 5. Select the POTATOES automatic programme with “6” (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12). 6. Add the cream and grated cheese to the potatoes 30 minutes before the cooking time expires. 7. Allow to cook for the remaining time. 8. Serve with salad.
2. Mix in the berries. 3. Evenly distribute mixture on baking tray 13. 4. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven and place the baking tray 13 on top of this. 5. Select the CAKE automatic programme with 600 g (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12).
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 22 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
8.8 POTATOES - Béchamel potatoes Ingredients for 2-3 people: • 1 kg hard-boiled potatoes • 40 g butter • 200 ml cream • Salt, pepper, some lemon juice • 1 handful of parsley Preparation: 1. Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. 2. Evenly distribute the potato slices on the baking tray 13. 3. Season with salt, pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice. 4. Pour on cream. 5. Spread small knobs of butter over potatoes. 6. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven and place the baking tray 13 on top of this. 7. Select the POTATOES automatic programme with “6” (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12). 8. Sprinkle with chopped parsley when cooked.
8.9 SOUP - Chicken soup with rice noodles Ingredients for 2-3 people: • 600 ml water • 200 g chicken ﬁlet cut into pieces • 250 g vegetables (carrots, beans, leek, alternatively frozen soup vegetables) • 50 g rice noodles • Salt, spices, herbs • Sherry to taste Preparation: 1. Add the vegetables, water and salt to an oven-proof glass dish. 2. Place the oven rack 15 in the oven. 3. Place the glass dish containing the ingredients on the oven rack 15. 4. Select the SOUP automatic programme with 500 g (see “5.7 Selecting an automatic programme” on page 12). 5. After cooking, season with herbs and spices (Sambal Olek) and sherry. 6. Add the soaked and chopped rice noodles.
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 23 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
9. Cleaning To ensure your appliance gives you lasting service, you should clean it regularly. Warning! To avoid the danger of an electric shock or burning: – remove the mains plug before each clean; – allow the appliance to cool down; – never immerse the appliance in water; – never allow water or cleaning agent to run into the appliance. Caution! Never use abrasive, corrosive or caustic cleaning materials. These could damage the appliance.
9.1 Cleaning the appliance 1. Clean the inside and outside of the appliance with a damp cloth. Note: You could also use a mild washing-up liquid if necessary.
for use in the dishwasher due to their special coating.
9.3 Cleaning the water tank 11 and the drip tray 9 1. Pull the water tank 11 forwards and out of the appliance 7. 2. Empty the water tank 11. 3. Press the water valve 10. All the condensed water which has been collected runs into the drip tray 9. 4. Pull the drip tray 9 forwards and out. Note: The drip tray 9 is located under the door 2. The drip tray 9 can be removed simply by gripping it at the sides. 5. Empty the drip tray 9. 6. Clean the water tank 11 and the drip tray 9 by hand using warm water.
2. Wipe off with fresh water.
7. Dry off the water tank 11 and the drip tray 9.
3. Do not use the machine again until it is fully dry.
8. Push the water tank 11 back into the appliance.
9.2 Cleaning the accessories
9. Push the drip tray 9 back into position in the oven.
1. Clean the accessories by hand using warm water. 2. If heavily soiled, leave parts to soak in warm water for 20 – 30 minutes. You could add a few drops of mild washingup liquid. 3. Carefully dry all parts after cleaning. Note: The grill rack 16, the oven rack 15 and the tray removal handle 12 can all be cleaned in the dishwasher. The baking tray 13 and the steam tray 14 are not suitable
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 24 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
10. Troubleshooting Fault
Appliance cannot be Child safety is activated switched on
Appliance switches off automatically
Release child safety (see “5.9 Child safety” on page 13).
Faulty fuse or wall socket
Select another wall socket.
Have repairs carried out at a specialist workshop or dispose of the appliance. Further information can be found in “13. Warranty” on page 25.
Cooking time has expired
If necessary, start the cooking process again.
The door 2 was opened
Close door, press control knob 5.
Water tank 11 was pulled out
Push water tank back in, press control knob 5.
Water tank 11 is empty and Reﬁll water, press control knob 5. the 18 “Water tank empty” display is ﬂashing There is a puddle of Drip tray 9 is full and is water forming under- overﬂowing neath the appliance
Empty drip tray 9 (see “5.5 Emptying the drip tray 9” on page 12).
11. Disposal 11.1 Appliance The symbol with the crossedout rubbish bin on wheels means that within the European Union, the product must be disposed of to a sorted rubbish collection. This applies to the product and all accessories which are marked with this symbol. Marked products must not be disposed of via the regular domestic waste but must be handed in to a recycling centre for electrical or electronic devices. Recycling helps to reduce the use of raw materials and to relieve the
environment. You can obtain information about disposal and the location of your nearest recycling centre from your local waste management service, for example, or Yellow Pages.
11.2 Packaging If you would like to dispose of the packaging, please observe the corresponding environmental regulations in your country. Dispose of the packaging in Germany via the collection of the dual system ("Grüner Punkt").
RP57458 Dampfgarer LB6 Seite 25 Montag, 27. August 1956 9:07 21
12. Technical data Power supply: Power consumption: Protection class:
220 - 240 V~/50-60 Hz 1,850 Watt I
13. Warranty The warranty for your appliance is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase. The warranty does not cover damage resulting from improper connection, the use of another manufacturer’s parts, normal wear and tear, the use of force, improper use, or attempts to carry out repairs yourself. The appliance has been manufactured in accordance with strict quality guidelines and checked before leaving the factory. Nonetheless, should operational faults occur, please contact the Service Centre ﬁrst. Please do not send in any appliance before contacting our Service Centre. To enable us to process your request quickly, please have ready your proof of purchase and the product number (for this appliance: SDBO 1850 A1).
SDBO 1850 A1
Please contact our service hotline for guarantee claims and technical matters: 00800/4212 4212 (Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.) E-mail: email@example.com